The Importance of Fun & Challenge
Mini golf courses that are fun, challenging and interesting keep customers coming back and attract more customers through word of mouth. While mini golf is not regulation golf in miniature, Harris courses incorporate undulating and banked greens, water, sand traps, rough turf and other features that make regulation golf fun and challenging. That is one of the many reasons we are the nation’s leader in course design and construction.
The "Feel" of the Course
Buffers between shots like streams, landscaping and elevation changes are an important design element to create the feeling that players are in their own space. Elevation changes do not have to be extreme or expensive, and can often be accomplished by taking advantage of your site’s existing features. Finally, Harris courses are designed to avoid backups and ensure maximum flow. After 50-plus year of designing courses, Harris’ engineers are experts at designing courses that meet all of these criteria and more.
The Case for 36 Holes
Having two 18-hole courses can be key to promoting repeat business and profitability for your facility. Two courses not only create more choices and challenges for players, they provide the capacity necessary to accommodate large crowds on summer evenings and weekends. Long lines at overcrowded 18-hole courses will reduce profits and drive customers away. Having a second set of 18 holes also allows you to host weekday groups without having to turn away walk-in customers – a key to profitability.
The Importance of Curb Appeal
How a course looks from the road is critical to attracting players in any area, but it is especially critical in competitive tourist markets. Harris’ unique themes, spectacular waterfalls, picturesque holes, lush landscaping and other features will help draw players to your course and leave your competitors green with envy.
Choosing a Developer
Mistakes cost money. Choosing the right developer for your miniature golf course is critical to your project’s long-term success. Here are some things to consider:
- Building a miniature golf course is part construction project and part art form. Just because a contractor can pour concrete doesn’t mean he can build a miniature golf course. Designing and building mini golf courses is all we do.
- Experience matters. The more courses built, the better the result. Over the past 50-plus years, Harris has built more than 800 courses worldwide.
- Talk to our customers. Harris will provide you with a list of course owners to talk to and courses to check out. Our biggest source of new customers is referrals from existing customers.
- Make sure a developer has designers who are experts at designing miniature golf courses, not just general architects and/or engineers. Harris’ seasoned in-house designers understand how to incorporate different elevations to enhance curb appeal while meeting Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements; how to design a course that is fun for the entire family, with the right mix of easy and difficult holes; how to make your course flow to avoid backups and delays; and how to work with our construction crews to make sure the course meets all design specifications.
- In many areas, miniature golf is a seasonal business. Many contractors won’t have construction crews available during the peak spring and early summer construction seasons. Every day waiting for a construction crew is another day you aren’t making money. At Harris, we assign a crew exclusively to your project until it is finished.
What Our Owners Say?
It's unbelievable the job Harris did on our small 90-by-100-foot piece of property. They built two large stone waterfalls, two streams and a pond with a small waterfall. The course plays beautifully. I never thought they could do such a wonderful job on such a small piece of property.
- Charlie Hook, Tropical Island
Read More Testimonials
Our investor’s kit is chock full of useful information for prospective course owners like videos and our 16-page full-color brochure.
Click on the link below to request your Investor’s Kit TODAY!